Learning to recognize a quality olive oil is easy if you know what to look for. Become a savvy consumer by reading our tips below. Remember, the only olive oil designation offering proven health benefits is Extra Virgin. Olisur’s brands exceed the Extra Virgin standards, so you can always feel confident in choosing our products.
1. Warm up a small amount of olive oil in the bottom of a small glass.
2. Swirl it around for some seconds and cup your hand over.
3. Take away your hand and put your nose in the glass, draw in shortly through the nose.
4. Place a small quantity of oil in your mouth (bitterness).
5. Draw air sharply over the oil on your tongue (pungency and volatile compounds).
6. Swallow or split out the oil.
Extra Virgin: No defects and clear presence of fruity sensation
Virgin: Presence of defect together with fruity sensations
Lampante: Strong presence of defects